I learned something important from all of the books below. It’s not comprehensive because my memory isn’t, and will grow with time. They’re in no particular order and are grouped by domain but many will blend between the ‘Career’ and ‘Life’ categories.
*Last updated Winter 2019*
- 37 Things One Architect Knows – Gregor Hohpe
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture – Martin Fowler et al.
- Enterprise Integration Patterns – Gregor Hohpe, Bobby Woolf et al.
- Refactoring Ruby – Jay Fowler et al.
- Atomic Design – Brad Frost
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You – Cal Newport
- Deep Work – Cal Newport
- Multipliers – Liz Wiseman
- Thinking Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman
- The Talent Code – Daniel Coyle
- The Culture Code – Daniel Coyle
- It’s Your Ship – Captain Michael Abrashoff
- The Ride of a Lifetime – Robert Iger
- Rework – Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Nonviolent Communication – Marshall Rosenberg
- Meditations – Marcus Aurelius
- Digital Minimalism – Cal Newport
- When Violence is the Answer – Tim Larkin
- The Age of Reason – Thomas Paine
- The Second Mountain – David Brooks
- The Road to Character – David Brooks
- Practicing the Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- Introduction to Permaculture – Bill Mollison
- Building the Timber Frame House – Tedd Benson
- A Timber Framer’s Workshop – Steve Chappell